PTCB Exam Preparation Course (Online Program)
What do Pharmacy Technicians do?
Under pharmacist supervision, pharmacy technicians:
- supply medicines to patients, whether on prescription or over the counter
- assemble medicines for prescriptions
- provide information to patients and other healthcare professionals
- manage areas of medicine supply such as dispensaries
- supervise other pharmacy staff
- produce medicines in hospitals and the pharmaceutical industry
Just an example of some roles:
- Automation Analyst
- Health Services Technician
- Pharmacy Supervisor
- Pharmacy Technician
- State Board of Pharmacy
You can read some spotlight stories at PTCB’s website
PTCB stands for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. This is the most reputably recognized national certification organization for Pharmacy Technicians. With the new licensing requirements by the State of Michigan all Pharmacy Technicians have to be certified and licensed with the State to be hired as a Pharmacy Technician.
CPhT stands for someone who is a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
Job Outlook for CPhTs
Employment of pharmacy technicians is projected to grow 20 percent from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations. Several factors will lead to increased demand for prescription medications.
In a society where job markets go up and down monthly, Pharmacy Technician is a solid trend to jump into. Average wage for Pharmacy Technicians averages $15/hour. Depending on training, experience, location, and company: wages typically range between $12.50 and $25.50/hour (data obtained from Northern MI Pharmacies).
This course is designed to meet the requirements necessary in order pass the national certification exam for Pharmacy Technician licensure. Students will achieve this through modulated learning in a multi-media online learning platform. Standards for this course have been systematically aligned with the benchmarks set by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Next course begins October 30, 2017:
- 5 week program
- 100% online course
- “Manual for Pharmacy Technicians” 4th Edition—By Bonnie S. Bachenheimer ISBN-13: 978-1585282074
- “Pharmacy Technician Certification Review and Practice Exam” 3rd Edition–By Barbara Lacher–ISBN-13: 978-1585282081
- These books can be found on Amazon or other book stores by searching their ISBN
- “Workbook for the Manual for Pharmacy Technicians”—By Mary McHugh–ISBN-13: 978-1585282579
- Agape PhT Supplemental Resource CD-ROM (all class handouts/ppt’s/videos/lesson plans) available directly from Agape School
- $49 Application
- $300 Tuition
- Books purchased separately by student
- $49 Application
- $50 down payment
- $19.75/week (financing charges included)
State Aid Option
- For scholarship eligibility screening or questions, please contact a Career Facilitator at your nearest Northwest Michigan Works Center. Visit their website for contact details at www.nwmichworks.org and select the “Contact Us” tab to find a MI Works Center near you!
Online Program Requirements
- Internet connection (DSL, LAN, or cable connection desirable)
- Moodle Compatible web browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- General Knowledge of navigating the internet
- Moodle Tutorial—accessible immediately upon login
- For Questions on Moodle, please contact the course administrator
- Microsoft Office software for viewing Word and Powerpoint documents (please contact the school if you need assistance obtaining this software)
- Media Player and Adobe reader up to date on your PC
CONTACT US for questions or more information.